Sunday 12 August 2007

August

August a month to love or hate. Last Sunday was very hard to leave Brooklands as well as return. The top road right down to the mini roundabout was blocked with day trippers cars, they even parked by the Sunspot which is normally used as a passing point.
This Sunday I was out before they arrived and back long after they had gone. I had to go up to Wisbech. There are some places being built up there, bungalows in their own ground, much nicer than the cramped town houses that are being rushed up around Essex.

Talking of houses, it said in the paper that Llelwyn Davies Yeang were paid approx £140k for the consultation. I was under the impression that Eeda had employed the Environmental Trust who in turn contacted the former. But what do I know? What I do know this is the third or fourth consultation thats happened since I've been here. Nothing has changed apart from more and more places are being let and there are less owner occupiers.

Going through the village today, I saw that two shops had closed, firstly FX Barbers and next door the second hand furniture shop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I fell upon your blog while searching for info on Jaywick. As a boy in the 70's I holidayed in Clacton & a day trip to Jaywick left an impression on me that has lasted to this day. Over the years I've returned to Jaywick (& Brooklands) & my facination for the area never diminishes.

I just wanted to say that I read your August 2010 post & sympathise entirely - my wife having suffered similar misfortunes at Hillingdon Hospital a few years back. As you say, sometimes you just have to write things down. I hope all has gone well since. A reader.